Sunday, February 9, 2014

Peter Pilotto for Target

All the fashion girls were buzzing this morning about the release of *PETER PILOTTO FOR TARGET*, there was talk of setting alarms, ladies overseas were checking NET-A-PORTER...

I rolled up to the Auburn Hills Target around noon, with my *less than pleased to go clothes shopping with Mommy* princess in tow.
(don't worry, I had snacks and fun stuff for her too)

I went directly to the Peter Pilotto display, and all of the garments were untouched. you could hear crickets singing in the background, and then farther off... in the true spirit of an unpopulated ghost town, there was a cowboy revolver duel.
I took everything. Literally everything, and went to the dressing room. 
 Tried on this T-shirt dress. It has these unfortunate gathers on the chest, and the torso, that when i was goofing around I could make the torso one bag out like a pancreas-baby.


Looks better layed flat above, yeah, i get that they wanted to add special "detail", but this was a fail.

Then I tried on this red, white & black printed frock. I thought it was so cute on the hanger with it's awesome belt. This looks totes my style.
The reason I'm turned to the side, other than camera flattery tricks, is that the front hem *barely* covers my vagina. and it's a frill hem of about 4 inches, so when walking, this is essential a tunic top. WTF

Doesn't it look pretty here though!? 
 And on her!! (above) on me it was all boxy too. with the belt, the bodice flared out in a non flattering way, and then that super short front hem, aw hell naw. I was so sad!

So I moved on to some skirts. I went into Target in a dress, so I didn't have a T shirt to try on with these for your photographic pleasure, so just pretend like this model below is me. LOL.

 The skirts were really cute on. They have pockets. The length is awesome. I thought that this print above wasn't the coolest one, because it didn't have any color, but still neato.

I really wanted this skirt below on Diane Kruger, I didn't like the shirt. It fit pretty much identically to the skirt above, but just in a more interesting print color combo.

 What I went in to Target to purchase today was this outfit (below) modeled by the gorgeous Dree Hemingway. I love this pencil skirt, it was great on as well.
 My Target however did not carry the TOP THAT GOES WITH IT! WHAAAATT!?

I love the look of this, and wanted the whole ensemble.
The skirt is cool on it's own, and I don't own a pencil skirt at all for some reason, so I really think I should get it. I could always get a black croppie later on if I REALLY WANT TO try to rock that look, which I don't know if I do.

Lest we forget, I have given birth to two children, my tummy skin has expanded to the size of a GIANT BEACH BALL 2 times. Standing, I may make the pencil skirt/crop top look good. But sitting I'm afraid all that mama skin would flap over the waistband like overworked pizza dough.

*I'll leave you with that thought* :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment