Monday, October 8, 2012

Jewel of the North - Ella's Traverse City, MI - JC

 Gorgeous Store, I want that marabou collared white cocktail dress... :-)

 JC and Kelly in Stop Staring. But you just can't help but *STARE* !!!

 Loving the Chapeau
 Perf LWD.

 This collar??? SERIOUSLY???? Love!

Pretty. Delicate. Gorgeous.

Generally when I travel up north in Michigan, I tend to expect the usual t-shirt stores, cozy books shops and you can always count on there being a Kilwin's or Mackinaw Island Fudge on the block however, when you hit up Traverse City you will find a special jewel - Ella's.  It is a tremendous mix of vintage, locally made treats and some of the best labels money can buy.  I was up there this weekend and as soon as Kelly and I walked in, we were fawning over a gorgeous aqua Nanette Lepore lace dress.  I knew that I wanted to stop in to see the latest Stop Staring line but I was surprised with so much more!  There were gorgeous feather headbands, lace nighty’s from the 50’s, vintage, Tracy Reese, the list goes on.  The first Tracy Reese dress that I fell in love with had an amber jeweled collar and fitted bodice that had an a-line skirt but alas they did not have my size so I had to settle for sharing this gorgeous pic that I am still drooling over. The cream Tracy Reese dress that I did try on had beautiful black beaded flowers with tulle detailing- this dress was not only gorgeous but so comfortable.  It would not be a trip worth making if we didn’t toss on a couple Stop Staring dresses, which I personally attest that the designers for this brand KNOW how to compliment a women’s body.  I have not seen anyone try on this brand and not look less than breathtaking- as evidenced by the lovely Kelly Yauk, I mean this dress was MADE for her!  Ella’s not only has a ton of beautiful colors and fashions but these people know how to accessorize- you will find broaches, jewelry, sunglasses & of course some amazing hats.  Kelly always loves lovely in hats and sometime you just need one with a lovely dress per the pic below.  Abby & Hannah were running things the day we stopped by- both had fab outfits and clearly a love of fashion.  If you are anywhere near northern Michigan, you need to make this a stop on your trip! 
By, JC

No comments:

Post a Comment