Monday, October 15, 2012

Living Life Like It's Golden - JC





There has been a trend in jewelry over the years where it has really shifted away from yellow gold and now white gold and platinum (if you can swing it) are all the rage- thankfully this has not been the case with fashion.  It was a crummy rainy day yesterday so I figured I would pep it up with what else but some lovely gold fashion.  The first pic is actually a Patra kimono style beaded dress- I loved this when I saw it online with the thought that the styling was a nice departure from the typical skin tight plain designs out there.  When it arrived the gold was actually more muted that the picture shows and the waist hit a weird spot on me, all in all it was ok but not enough to hang on to.  The next dress is a BCBG party dress that I own, love and wish I had more excuses to wear.  If you know me, you know that I love BCBG and just about anything that is made of tulle.  I ended up wearing this to be the best man at a wedding, sadly the dress has lasted longer than the marriage but in the end it was probably better off that way.  The next dress was a little daring and probably not something I would ever purchase but certainly with a love of Alice + Olivia, I thought I would give it a whirl.  It has a sheer black back with cut outs & was super shiny- it was cute but certainly you couldn't wear this without a good pair of spanx and probably a workout day of. Last one- DVF peplum, had to try it more out of curiosity than anything.  Once I had it on, I felt like Judy Jetson – have to agree with Nessa’s blog on peplums, it wasn’t made for tall ladies and the peplum just looked weird on my frame.  All in all, definitely looking forward to seeing more gold this season and an excuse to step out and shine!
Love, JC

No comments:

Post a Comment