Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Vintageing Du Jour

M and I went thrifting the other day. Super fun. We found some great stuff. One dress I freaking almost had a SEIZURE over was one that looked like this (below) but it was burgundy. It was in perfect condition, SUPER GREAT 1950s PARTY DRESS. With that lovely lovely wasp waist flared skirt silhouette that I just die over. This one was super duper tiny, like probably a size 2, and proportioned for a woman slightly above the 5 foot mark (not me). I did wiggle it on, but couldn't zip it and couldn't even hold it in any way to show the beauty of it. Sorry! it's gorgeous. 


Also I found this awesome shirtdress. I love shirtdresses, i have so many, they are so versatile, i'll wear 2 at a time, layer em up, shirts under, shirts over. skirt over, whatever. and that seaming and midline buttoning is just so flattering. I love the full skirt of this one and the Hampton's-esque preppy chic look of it, which is subversive because that phrase could not describe me more oppositely. haha. 

OOOOOHHHH, this piece. Full Sequined blazer. brown iridescent sequins. it's a piece of beauty. very very tiny. it was supposed to be buttoned over much more. I could only hold it closed. Nonetheless, I wanted it. To add to my collection of other sequined jackets that don't fit me and that i never wear but have to own. It's a sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment