Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August 15 - Vanessa


So another JC gift is put to use. The top is actually a silky satin dress! I really really love this skirt, but it's vintage and the waist is supposed to hit really high, but it's a bit too big for me, so I have a hard time wearing it, since the seaming is very much made for fitting snug. So i thought I would kind of pull it up and "paper bag" it with this belt, i think it's pretty successful. I bought this belt when i was pregnant with M, since I detested all the babydoll silhouettes that it seems like all maternity gear is fit to be. I wanted to wear this belt either over or under the belly, but it never really worked, so i put it in the closet and now I wear it all the time, it's a slide, no real fasteners so you can make it as tight or loose as you like. so it can be worn around the hips or at the waist. I love that.
Oh yeah, pretty good photobomb by DS below. I think his exact words were, "MOM! You are NOT supposed to wear shoes in the house!!" ahhaha. he did remove my shoe and run away with it. ahhah.

Burgundy Satin Dress - Banana Republic (gift of JC)
Necklace - NYC street
Gold Skirt - Vintage
Belt - H&M
Shoes - Target

They are both just so amazingly cute. I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment