Friday, August 3, 2012

The Red Lip Project


So red lips. Red lips sink ships. Why why why? it's said that we color our lips this way to replicate the look of being in love, or post- being loved. But I really think that it is more of a character study project. For me, the red lip gives an identity, an edge, something to bring eyes instantly to the face, away from anything else that is out there, everyone's attention is focused on YOU. 
Many fabulous women i know wear the red lip: 


Graci evokes a classic 1940's feel of a beautiful ingenue. Her face is innocent but her lips say differently. (Mary Kay - Sunset)


Teena is all glamour. She has all of the beauty and panache that any woman would ever need, but just put that red lipstick on girl, and whoa, you are blowing our minds. (Revlon - Ribbon Reds Palette)


One look at Jenni and you can see she has every marvelous attribute that any girl could wish for, but put on that scarlet lipstick and she turns into a sultry hollywood vixen. (MAC - Ruby Woo)


Jessica has a classically gorgeous face, large bright eyes, and you just can't help but enhance that visage with a lovely crimson pout. (MAC - Russian Red)


I myself love the red because I feel like it gives me a strength, a feeling that I can do anything and say anything, and the world is at my fingertips. I have several reds, my favorite being


Clinique - Angel Red (above). Angel Red is a dark, but sheer, blood red. This is not a subtle color. When I put it on, i feel transformed, it honestly makes me take on a different voice, strong confident and in charge. 


My other favorite red is not a red at all, but on my super pale skin it reads red, hilarious, i know. It's Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry (above). it's a kind of fuchsia pink, and it can be slicked on like a gloss, or layered for a more intense effect. This is my "everyday Red". 

So for whatever reason you decide to wear it, just put the damn thing on. Life is short. Have fun with yourself, have fun with makeup. and most of all love each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment