Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Watches... Watches? Watches!!

Seriously needed to get a new watch TO-DAY. Went to the store, i thought to myself, "the first one i see that fits my criteria is the one i will buy, regardless of how it looks." Also, I had my children with me, the younger one is in my Sprout Pouch on me, and very crabby, needing a nap. Obvs, not a lot of time/flexibility to shop.

This is my former watch. I have had several different colors of this same watch. White body with Gold accents was my fav. I wore this Orange one until yesterday, it was the base for the "Homemade Rolex" the face fell off of it. I then painted it red, and then blue, etc. It was a workhorse. I need a watch that does these things:

  • I need it to tell time digitally. I am a mom, naps need to be *on the reg*. 
  • I need a timer. I'm a runner, splits need to be *on point*. Time-out timing is also needed. 
  • I need to know what day it is. As a stay-at-home mom, you know every day is "Day X"
  • I need to know the date, in numbers. for writing checks, scheduling stuff etc. 
So yeah, you know me, I think "OHHH, I REALLY WANT A REALLY COOL LOOKING WATCH!!" So i bought this one straight from Japan:

Actually it was a gift to the hubs, but you know i planned on wearing it as well. It is not practical. but yes, it is really really really really cool. Oh well.

So then I saw this one:
How Awesome is this!????
Yeah, but it was a collector's item. Limited release, only available on ebay for much more money that I want to spend. Also, I have to take into consideration that my watch will be vomited on, will be soaked in dishsoap, will be in the pool everyday, covered in mac and cheese, thrown in the toilet, danced upon. So even a mildly expensive watch is not a good idea.

So at the actual store, for me to walk out with today was this:
It fulfills all the criteria. It did not cost much. It looks reasonably cool. It's a Diesel Thermal so the blue band changes color in spots according to body heat. I like that.
DH says it is too boring. DD says it is a boys watch. So now I don't know if I should keep it. But it is doing it's job and it is on my wrist so I think I'll just roll with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment