Friday, August 17, 2012

Thrifting - Spanning Eras

Successful Thrifting Encounter today. I got a couple pairs of ridiculous shoes, always a plus. Also, I found some Sartorial Gems, hidden just waiting to see the light of day, and the inside of my closet...
Seriously!? Seriously!? With the ruffle hem? oh lord.
This is homesewn, gorgeous gorgeous 1960s party dress. it's kind of a beautiful brocade fabric, with the tulle tiny ruffle. I love it so much. I'd let this go for $20. it's so great. it would break my heart, but to a good home...

So awesome. I want to do a Jane Fonda Aerobic Video with this on.
it's really low cut, i was not all about that. but i love the cotton jersey drape, and the color banding, it's so cool. I was thinking today that 80s clothes are the new 60s, 1960s clothes are pretty much so mainstream, it's not subversive at all. if you want something original and out there you have to go 80s, my new fav decade. and It's funny because I lived through this decade and wore these clothes long ago, but I still love them for their uniqueness.

How great is this... Dynasty meets Flight Attending.
The shoulder pads on this are approximately 4 inches thick. it's so hilarious i can't stand it. But as you can see, a GIANT shoulder really does help to optically carve a tiny waist, Bravo 80s designers.
This is a flight attendants uniform from the 80s, it's also super low cut, i don't know if they wore blouses under this, i hope so. but it's so sweet. i love the gold button detailing.

LOL.
I hate this neckline, the bandeau with a keyhole neckline. ugly as sin. i wore my tank top under it. hahha. but i love the print. it's so happy and bright and cheerful, i want to love this dress so much, but I don't think I can work with this neckline. it's so unflattering, i don't care who you are. but it is 80s fab.

Oh the shoes worn in all of these photos were 1980s thrifted pumps.

If you would like any of these items, let me know. I will take $15 a piece for the 80s dresses.
readydressedgo@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment