Friday, August 3, 2012

Leopard- love it or leave it? - JC


I actually feel it's my obligation to address the leopard topic. I feel like I need to blame all of the residents of New Jersey for ruining what used to be a classic and sexy print. In the day of Bettie Paige & Jane Mansfield they wore the leopard print and it was considered a little edgy for the time but not trashy. I used to have a vintage 3/4 length cheetah coat with bell sleeves (it was so lovely) and it dare to wear it now in fear that someone would start fist pumping at me or make some obnoxious remark. I am angry that now with the state of things, i am really only comfortable wearing leopard accents- cute shoes, my Dior saddle bag purse, etc. Well, when I saw this dress, it made me actually want to return to my roots. This wiggle dress is a class 50's style and absolutely am in love with the collar. This dress may just redeem the leopard print!

No comments:

Post a Comment