Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pretty in Pink!! - JC


I think my mom would be happy to confirm that I spent most of my younger years protesting the color pink. I have always been a tom boy, wore my brother's clothes (even when they were way too big and looked ridiculous) and spent most of my college years in sweats (holla MSU ladies!!!). It really hasn't been until the last few years that I would even ponder donning this color that all women are supposed to love but usually is associate with princesses or barbies and if you're not 5 or younger, then you shouldn't trying to be either of the above mentioned things. Anywho, I was strolling through sommerset one day and decided to take a look around Betsey Johnson and there it was: a beautiful pink dress that looked almost like a cupcake. It was so fun, flirty, had tulle and a huge price tag. I just couldn't pull the trigger on this dress despite my love for it. It was actually a good thing- gave me time to wonder if I was experiencing temporary insanity- do I really want to buy a dress that represents everything I had been protesting for most of my life? The answer: yes. I didn't end up going back to Betsey until about a month later and there was only 1 left on the clearance rack- the pink one in my size. I actually wish I had more occasions to wear this dress- it is so lovely and fun. The other benefit- it makes my mom smile

No comments:

Post a Comment